Dr. Jawaher S. Al-Mudhahki
Dr. Tariq Alsindi
|British Council’s Regional Stocktaking Workshop|
|News - Latest|
The stocktaking workshop will be led by Vaneeta D’Andrea (University of the Arts, London), Stephen Jackson (Quality Assurance Agency) and Allan Davies (Higher Education Academy); and facilitated by Barrie Morgan, a consultant with the British Council.
Through your discussions, meetings and working with your colleagues, you will have the opportunity to address important quality assurance issues. We expect that through shared understandings and co-operation you will have a heightened awareness of Council processes and find out more about ways in which the BC can support the work you do in quality assurance and management.
So that our facilitators are able to respond appropriately to your needs, we would also appreciate it if you could list any developmental or training priorities that are important for your work. Please list these in the box at the bottom of this instruction sheet.
* To assess how far the original British Council’s Excellence in Higher Education (EiHE) project objectives have been met, and to plan how to best address those that have been less successful
* To review participants’ views of the development of national quality management systems and university quality infrastructures in the Gulf region, Yemen and Iraq
* To offer continuing professional development in techniques to improve the quality of teaching and learning and to enhance quality assurance systems
* To find effective ways to work with the Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ANQAHE)
* To evaluate and prioritise regional training needs
The workshop will take place in the Conference Centre (Al Murjan) at the Gulf Hotel.
Workshop reception and dinner
The British Council would like to invite you to a reception and dinner on Sunday 11 May 2008 at 19.00pm (The Welcome Pack which you will receive on arrival will contain more information about this.)
Dress code during the day will be formal. You are of course, welcome to wear National Dress.
For further information, please contact:
Education UK Manager
T + 973 17261555 ext 290
F +973 17241272
We are delighted that you are taking part in this exciting event and look forward to meeting you in Bahrain.
Draft programme of events:
Sunday 11 May
Morning session: Al Murjan Room
9.00 – 10.30 Formalities
Update on international developments in quality assurance
10.30 - 11.00 Coffee break
11.00 – 12.30 Where are we now? Quality assurance in the Gulf region, in Iraq and in Yemen (Part 1)
12.30 – 1.30 Lunch
1.30 – 3.00 Where are we now? (Part 2)
3.00 – 3.30 Tea break
3.30 – 5.00 The role of ANQAHE as a regional resource
Evening: Al Murjan Room
Networking reception and dinner in the hotel